The Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) provides a range of services to men and women aged 14 and above who have been raped or sexually assaulted in Sussex.
The Saturn Centre services are available whether or not the assault has been reported to the police. All you need to do is ring us first to make an appointment.
Services available at The Saturn Centre
- Forensic medical examination
- Support Worker
- Sexual Offences Liaison Officer (SOLO)
- Medical care (Emergency contraception)
- Risk assessment
What happens at the Saturn Centre?
When you arrive you be greeted by a support worker, who will talk over your options and answer any questions you may have. You will then be introduced to the medical examiner prior to the examination, should you choose to have one. They will also answer any questions you have and talk over the procedure with you.
All this can be done with or without police involvement.
At all times you will have the right to make the choices about what happens to you at the Saturn Centre.
To contact The Saturn Centre please phone: 01293 600469
The centre is open from 9.00-17.00 Monday- Friday
For urgent advice or assistance 24/7, please phone or report to Sussex police: 0845 60 70 999
In an emergency dial 999
Useful contact details
- NSPCC (24hr helpline) 0800 800 5000
- Childline (24hr helpline) 0800 1111
- Samaritans (24hr helpline) 0845 790 9090
- Victim Support 0845 303 0900
- Life Centre for Adults 0844 847 7879
- Life Centre for under 18’s 0808 802 0808
- Survivors Network 01273 203380
- Mankind 01273 510447